Since the military coup on 1 February 2021, we have been able to quickly provide assistance and funding to activists at risk. With the ongoing brutal military crackdown, many activists have had to go into hiding, forced to flee their homes at short notice leaving everything behind.
Our funding has helped activists, human rights defenders and people taking part in the Civil Disobedience Movement:
- Stay safe by funding equipment for safer communication and protective gear for protesters
- Provide information to the United Nations, media and the world of what is going on
- Escape arrest, reach safe places and safe houses
- Continue CDM participation by cash support
- Survive after fleeing with their families
- Organise protests and rally communities by providing information and education